วันพุธที่ 11 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2554

1067. Gelang Sipaku Gelang - live at The Hyatt, Kota Kinabalu, with Azlan Ag Tuah

This is the first of four songs I sang as the guest singer with Azlan, the lounge singer at the Hyatt Hotel in Kota Kinabalu where my wife and I were on holidays in June 2010. We only decided which songs to do about ten minutes before the set and obviously had no time to rehearse. It was a novel experience for me singing in this kind of environment, without my guitar, trying to fit in with the keyboard accompaniment. My wife's little camera found it hard to cope with the sound coming from various speakers. And there was also a lot of competition from a heavy tropical rainstorm which seemed to reach its peak during this song. But it was fun to do. I first learned this song over forty years ago from an Indonesian friend when I was at university. It is popular in Bahasa Indonesia / Bahasa Melayu speaking countries. I have sung it with students in Singapore and Brunei, and with friends in Indonesia. But I haven't sung it for some time so I needed to refer to the lyrics for this performance. You can see a playlist of my songs from Asia, Africa and the Middle East here: www.youtube.com For lyrics and chords please go to my website: www.raymondcrooke.com



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9naT3sSEfHM&hl=en

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 
Copyright Africa Hotel All Rights Reserved
Powered by Alat Rekaman
ProSense theme created by Dosh Dosh and The Wrong Advices.
Blogerized by Bonard Alfin Forum Distorsi.