วันจันทร์ที่ 15 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2553

Katikies Hotel Santorini

I would like to share here a dream of mine, which has not come true yet; it is called Katikies Hotel and is located on Santorini. When I travel, usually I do not pay attention to the accommodation, as the destination is what matters to me. Santorini Island is a unique place, which I highly recommend that everyone coming to Greece visits. And Katikies Hotel is the jewel of Santorini. Therefore I have developed some kind of obsession with this luxury hotel!

Katikies, means houses in Greek and is a word, which, unfortunately, cannot be exactly translated into English. I can just tell you that the word “katikia” provokes a feeling of warmness and cosines when you hear it - and this is also what Katikies Hotel is all about.

It was built around a decade ago in the famous village of Santorini, Oia (Ia), in a great location. The hotel is actually built on the cliff of the Santorini and has therefore magnificent view of the Aegean sea and the volcano island of Santorini. And every evening visitors can admire the famous Santorini sunset from their rooms balconies or by the pool of the hotel.

This luxury hotel is built according to the traditional Cycladic architecture, with Santorinian characteristics. The rooms & suites of Katikies Hotel look like small caves in the cliff, everything is whitewashed and connected with small stair steps. Each room of Katikies has unique minimal decoration and style and great view.

If you are waiting for a narration of my personal experience during my stay at Katikies, I will disappoint you. I have not managed to stay at Katikies yet....and nor will I be able to do that during summer 2007, as I cannot afford it. My last trip to South Africa, though great, left with less money in my bank account - but my economical status is not that interesting, so lets get back to Katikies!

As you can assume from the above, Katikies is not what you would call a "budget hotel"....it is a luxury hotel, member of the Small Luxury Hotels chain, and its rooms and suites are a bit expensive.

So, my obsession with Katikies Hotel started when I had dinner at the open air gourmet restaurant of the hotel with a friend, who was staying there, back in May 2001. The years that followed, I carefully read a lot in the internet about the hotel and planned my stay at the island. But I am a typical Greek and I decided to make a last minute reservation. The result was, that Katikies hotel had nothing available. Now I have learned the importance of early booking, and I recommend you all book your room the soonest possible, as Katikies has only 7 rooms and 15 suites!

And last but not least, I will tell you about its pool, Katikies famous infinity pool! It is very impressing, as it is constructed at the edge of the cliff.




Hi World! I am Pavlos Mirmigakos and I am here to enlighten you with all the knowledge I have gained from my traveling experience - and believe me it is a lot. This article is about my obsession, Katikies Hotel...!

To sum up ,I do not consider Katikies Hotel a 5 star luxury hotel, but a 6 stars super-luxury hotel!

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 
Copyright Africa Hotel All Rights Reserved
Powered by Alat Rekaman
ProSense theme created by Dosh Dosh and The Wrong Advices.
Blogerized by Bonard Alfin Forum Distorsi.